April 20,1944 7:00

Darling Gene,
    Hows our sailor tonight? Were fine. I certainly would like to be out there with you darling. If ever you get a weekend darling and I can come out there let me know and I'll surely be on my way. We received you letter today dear and surely enjoyed it. It sounds like it must be beautiful out there.
 We were out home today with Virginia all day. Uncle Charlie Graham and his daughter were there from Anderson. They had been to see grandpa and stayed all night at the folks. Grandpa isn't very good. The folks are alright. I'm going out to the house next week and get it cleaned up and get ready to move. I haven't sold the house yet. Will be glad when its off my hands. I talked to Ruth Lutes tonight. She was over to Emerys. They and the preacher will put out her garden. She said if ever she could do anything to make things easier for me to let her know. Were getting along alright though but darling you know as much as i do that nothing or no one can take the place of the one or ones we love but then people are awfully nice and good to be kind to us. I'm thankful for them. We have to look at the brighter side and plan for the days when this will be over and we can all be together again so don't worry or get blue dear and I wont either because we know that every cloud has a silver lining and we can soon forget this separation and be happy again like we used to. We have had years of happiness and will have many more. Wherever you go dear never forget you have a family back here and they truly love you and will be waiting and longing for you.
              I talked to Glen tonight he leaves in the morning at 3:00. I gave him your address hes hoping he gets sent down there too.
     The neighbors are all OK.  Wilbur Steele was to have gone to duty this morning but they called him and told him he wouldn't have to go until later since they passed that bill to take them under 26 first. No doubt he will have to go later as the men under 26 are almost all gone.
    Well dearest I'm almost out of news. The kids send there love and do miss you dear but seem to understand. Denny was telling Ruth about his daddy. Janice tells everyone her daddy is in the Navy. Well night my beloved, Janice and I must get this over to the box before Denny awakens. I have a basket of ironing starring me in the face.
   We love you dear here's lots of kisses and hugs from all.                                                                        All our Love,
                                                    Helen, Janice and Denny
      
           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19,1944 10:00 p.m

April 17,1944 4:10 a.m.

April 15,1944 9:10 a.m.