April 22,1944 11:30 a.m

My Dearest Helen,
              I haven't much to write about today as its the same old thing over and over again.We have just had a captains inspection and are now able to be in our barracks again,
    So far darling I haven't got any mail I sure hope that I hear from you before we leave as I know that you must have a lot of news to tell me. It seems a year since I have left but time marches on and each day must surely be bringing this war to a close and the we can together for always I hope. 
     How are you all now darling? How is Janice and Denny by now are they over their colds and how about yourself dearest are you O.K.? I suppose that you must be working hard getting lined up to move and all. Darling dont work to hard and try not to worry about me. I know that it is hard to try not to but we must always feel that we are well. I shall try to look out for myself as its a good policy for a service man to do.
        I could ask you a hundred questions but it still wont satisfy me as only seeing you all would do that. So in the future try to always answer my questions and I shall try to do the same then we can know what is what with each other.
       Dearest this may be my last letter before we move out as tomorrow we will leave where I cant say as they don't tell us. Perhaps the rest of my letters will be censored so I must tell you all that I can in this letter.
      I shall send my address just as quick as I possibly can. You can write to my old address here at Portsmouth VA. and it will always be forwarded to me the same goes for each new address I give to you as we may be moving several times before getting a permanent address.
           Dearest if anything happened and there is sickness or a death in the family which I pray there wont be, go to the red cross and through them you can get me. It is best to know my service number and to give the red cross this information also. It is 955-33-36 so if you ever need it in case. Always use my full name in writing. How about it dear have you received my insurance policy, I took one out for 10,000 made out to you. Have you received anymore allotment checks yet? I hope they come regular to you as I know you will need the money.
           Darling use your own judgment when you tackle anything and your dad can always give you advise if you need it. I feel that you are capable of anything that comes up no matter what it may be.
    Well my dearest I shall close for now as I think that I have told you about everything that I can think of that will or could be of any help to me an you. Tell Janice and enny that daddy says hello and to be a good girl and boy till daddy comes home again.
           So ill say goodbye my dearest Helen, Denny, and Janice, I love you all so much and life is empty without you by my side. I shall live in the memories of our past and to a wonderful future and plans we have made together. Take good care of yourself and always remember that my heart, my love and my life are with you always. May god bless you and take care of you while we are apart. I shall pray for you all always. Good bye again my darling. I love you all so much. I shall put a dot under the letters spelling out where I am if its outside of the USA.
                                                                                                                   Daddy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19,1944 10:00 p.m

April 17,1944 4:10 a.m.

April 15,1944 9:10 a.m.