April 19,1944 10:00 p.m

Dearest Gene,
    How is our sailor by this time? were fine the kids are in bed snoring and I'm going to bed pretty soon too. I bet you've been in the bed an hour already. We received your letter today dearest. I hope you will get to go to school down there instead of being shipped out but if you are my darling we must face it bravely and pray that you will be back again soon. Wherever you are dearest remember your family is home thinking and loving you more everyday if its possible to love you any more than we do now. Our love for you is deep dear and wonderful never forget that your love has been and will always mean more to me than anything in this world. You have to and will come back to us Daddy Darling I couldn't ever be happy without you. I'm putting you in gods hands and I know he'll see that you come back safely to us. Did you get any of my letters yet? I sent to Sampson? Dearest if I ever have to get in touch with you should I do it through the chief commandant at Sampson or where? 
     We haven't sold the house yet. I wish they would hurry it up a little. I washed today and went over to Virginias and ironed this afternoon. She feels pretty tough. Mary Anna and Mrs. Alexander were here today. She came in to the doctor she thinks she will have to be operated on for goiter and hemorrhoids. She hasn't heard from G.D. for over a week. We got a bond from J's today. You should write him dear and have his beneficiary changed. Did you get his letter?
     We will get our picture this week. Do you want yours sent at once or wait until you get a permanent address?
   Ellis Squires wife had a baby today. Did you get my letter telling you of her sister burning to death last week and 8 other members of the family burned in Ft. Wayne? She is over here in the hospital. All the neighbors are ok. The boys will be home from Great Lakes some time next week.
       My grandfather Graham is almost dead with pneumonia . Mrs. Masonie was over to look at the house again yesterday. She would kinda like to have it yet I think. I don't know when Ill get to move dear. I hope soon so I can get busy in the garden.
    Virginia was converted Sunday. I told you in my letter but maybe you didn't get it yet. I wrote to Junior tonight to dear. We are going out home tomorrow I guess unless it rains or something. We haven't but out since you left. We were to Roy's Sunday for dinner and supper. He fixed the refrigerator Monday night for us and wouldn't take a cent. There swell people. Well my dearest I'm awfully sleepy so will close. I doubt if you can read this anyhow. Night dear We love you.                              All the love in the world,                                                          Helen Janice and Denny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 17,1944 4:10 a.m.

April 15,1944 9:10 a.m.