April 19,1944 7:20 a.m

Dearest Helen,
           Good morning dear, how is everybody this morning? I am fine and enjoyed a very good nights sleep. Went to bed about 9:30 and up at 6:00 this morning. I suppose that you to have been up for  awhile as the time here is still the same as New York time.
            What are you going to do today dear? I do not know what is in store for us as most everyday some of the boys are just on work details and must work from 8:15 until 11:00 then at 1:00 until 4:00 most of the work consists of loading repair barges to repair ships that come in the dock. The work is not hard as there are a lot of men so that no one hurts them self. So far I have not had a work detail but are looking for me today. Yesterday I played softball in the forenoon and horseshoe in the afternoon. I am rather stiff today as I have been laying around  to long doing nothing since coming back.
           We had a very good breakfast today and I am quite full to start the day on. I am afraid if I keep on I shall get fat. HA At least I have a long way to go before I fill out my shorts as I must take a big tuck in them to keep them on.
            So far we have heard nothing as to our moving. I wish that I would get stationed here for duration as I think if this was the case I could have you all come up here to live. Which would make life a lot sweeter for me. 
  How are you darling? I hope alright perhaps I should have been more careful, but if you do not regret it I am sure that nothing could even replace those moments together. So lets hope for the best dearest and one day we'll have a lot more happiness together.
  Hello Janice and Denny how are you today? I hope that you are well and playing and having a lot of fun. How is little Phil and              and Joyce do you play with them a lot.
      Darling how is the house situation coming has it sold yet? I hope so I imagine that you will be glad to get moved out to country wont you?
        Well dearest it is time to sign off and mail this so, I didn't quite sign off quick enough so here it is 12:00 and I just came back from chow. Gosh darling were living like kings here. For dinner we had chicken and gravy, mashed taters, lettuce salad, corn and coffee. All you want and nobody to give you more than what you really want. Yes darling I am living like a king and the one and only thing I lack is my dear queen, princess, and prince than  all would be great. Forgive me darling if my letter carries a blue tune as I must confess that I miss you all so much that at the present time the radio is playing a home song and I am having much trouble keeping my chin up. But am praying for strength to carry on in some way or other. So please do the same dearest. I know you will. If god would only see fit to bring this awful war to a close but perhaps there is a much greater reason than we see fit.
   Have you heard from Junior I hope he gets my letter but aboard ships its hard to get letters very often as only when ships make port. How is Mary Anna and how is Gilbert hope he along with his is well. How about Lawrence? Has he had to go I hope not . Gee I just cant see anymore of them in as 2 of us and Gilbert must be plenty.
        This morning I played horseshoe as I had no work to do. I am getting quite good Ha. 
   There is only one bad thing about this place, at 8:00 we must clean the barrack and cannot return until 11;00 so that does not let me finish my letter I start to you.
 Well darling will close think of you and kiddies all the while, so write a loot and I love you all so much.
                                                                                                             Oceans of Love,
                                                                                                                          Daddy
P.S. Here is a big kiss and hug for Janice Denny and Mama

                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19,1944 10:00 p.m

April 17,1944 4:10 a.m.

April 15,1944 9:10 a.m.